Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bushidokan VS. Wing Chun Best style for street?

hey guys this is trent and i was wondering if anyone out there has trained in both bushidokan (bk) and wing chun (wc). If so please tell me what is the best one for the street. I am currently training wc but i have been checking out some bk schools and it is looking promising. looking for missouri schools or any website that informs you of it. please help me and thanks vm

Bushidokan VS. Wing Chun Best style for street?
Please excuse my boldness, because I don't do both.





Wing Chun, though, I know well of. It's the style that Bruce Lee started out with. It was founded by a woman and she could defend herself against the strongest man. It's a very close-in style, and the goal is to "feel" your opponant, not see them. A person who's trained well can defeat an opponant with a blindfold.





Bushidokan...I haven't heard of it, but it sounds Japanese, possibly...Korean? Probably Japanese.





For street, you'd be best with a style that doesn't exclude grappling. In reality, grappling takes more energy, so you'd be best with a style that works on keeping out of a grappling situation, but also teaches you effective grappling so if you can't avoid that situation, you can get yourself out of it, on top, or in the dominant possition.





I know it wasn't one of your choices, but I'd reccomend Kenpo Karate, actually a far descendant of Shao Lin. http://www.ussd.com is a good source to look up on Kenpo. The USSD has many studios in every US state, many places in Canada, and I think somewhere in the Northeast, but I can't quite remember where. If you don't want to check it out, I won't feel offended, and I respect your own choices.





Please, pardon my boldness, I only wished to share what I knew. If it doesn't help, my apologies, and if it hinders you, again, my apologies. If it helps you at all, I am glad, and I hope you do well in whichever you choose!
Reply:Wing Chun is good on the street. It emphasizes economy of motion and works at close distances. You will also learn how to flow from one move to another when you encounter random positions in a street fight. Just make sure you don't get a BS teacher. Also train something for the ground since a lot of street fights end up there.


No comments:

Post a Comment