Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wing Chun - street fight?

Hi! Has anyone here used wing chun in a real fight? I practice it, and when I spar with boxers, it seems to go out the window, untill I get a great angle then I can chase them down and pound down chain punches, otherwise it seems to work only half the time, I would like to hear from those with real fighting experience, cos I am deeply versed with concepts and training of wing chun, but against a well trained boxer who is quick and agro, 'taking the centreline' often seems to go out the window, any comments etc would be great


peace

Wing Chun - street fight?
How long have you been studying Wing Chun, what skill level are you, and what's your lineage?





Keep in mind that holding the center line isn't all that it's about. There are many principles of fighting that you must adhere to.





If you really curious about how to handle yourself in a fight...I would suggest asking your Sifu about the principles of combat. I'm sure they'll be able to help you develop your arsenal.





I know plenty of people that have used their skill in real situations. Believe me, it does work when you commit it to the fight. Sparring doesn't really do Wing Chun justice. It's like leashing an animal and expecting it to be able to defend itself.
Reply:Be like a magnet to his forearms or as I like to say it "play Chi Sao with the fighter". It might sound dumb but with your forearm on his forearms, you can control his entire arm. Even if he winds up to swing, your already in close proximity that it would nullify the power of the blow due to his limited wind up distance.

Furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment