Monday, November 16, 2009

Has anyone studied Kung Fu in Hong Kong or Taiwan?

I studied Praying Mantis and Wing Chun in Taiwan, it was when I was in my 20's now I am almost 40..I wish I could go back to do it again. If you want to learn Wing Chun in Taiwan look up a teacher named Lo Man Kam....

Has anyone studied Kung Fu in Hong Kong or Taiwan?
I was lucky enough to study Wing Chun in Hong Kong. I was invited by Grandmaster Ip Chun (son of Yip Man) but while there got to meet many of the Wing Chun Grandmasters including Wong Shun Long, Lok Yiu, Leung Ting and several others. I also got the chance to see some incredible martial arts such as Mantis, Choy Lee Fut, Mok Gar, Hung Kuen, Tam Tui, Hsing Yi, Pa Kua, etc. Lovely people too although some of the Chinese students used to enjoy demonstrating a little heavily. One of the best memories was the floating restaurant in the harbour (Oceanic??).


1 comment:

  1. well! If I were you, I learned hung kuen in taiwan. Taiwan Hung Kuen teacher Zhang-ke-chi is very specific teacher. His kung fu is very wonderful. and his council open the martial club in taipei (長洪武術), also Zhang-ke-chi's first council Pil-seo-shin open the martial club in KOREA. I recommend them.

    ReplyDelete